Wednesday, April 14, 2010

SNOW!!!!!

Spring is always my best time of the year. I just love the lengthening daylight, the bright sunlight and the crisp air. I am always have an abundance of extra energy in the spring. I wake up in the mornings anxious to get to my greenhouse and I am always sorry when it is time to go to bed at night--there is always one more seed I could plant. It takes alot to get me down in the springtime. Last week when it was 18 degrees when I woke up and the greenhouse heater was struggling to keep the temperature up to 40 could have discouraged me, but I just decided that the cool air would make the plants more compact. Little seedlings suffering from damp-off virtually destroying my foxglove and allysum might have gotten to me, but I just shrugged it off and decided I'd just have more salvia in the flower gardens to take their place. Today, though, planting tomatoes in my mom's greenhouse while a snow storm was raging outside was a bit discouraging! I am looking out my window on four inches of snow everywhere and more is falling fast. Oh well, I can't waste too much time lamenting. I am picking up 150 tomato plants on Friday so my work is cut out for me, getting those planted in the gro-bags. Nothing chases away discouragement like more planting and of course some sunshine!

1 comment:

  1. We got quite a lot of snow here, too. I wish I had a greenhouse to perk my spirits up in...have fun with all those tomatoes.

    Christine in Alaska

    ReplyDelete