Thursday, April 1, 2010

Moving Day

Today I moved into the greenhouse! That is a major event that I always want to happen by April 1st, but it doesn't always work out. This year it worked. I, well, actually my 77 year young mother and I moved about 60 flats of seedlings from both her house and mine into my wonderfully organized greenhouse. Last fall we started adding twelve feet onto the greenhouse and the project didn't get finished until last Saturday. Doing the addition gave me the opportunity to completely clean out the greenhouse, put down new floor covering and get things organized just the way I want them. This is not my normal modus operandi. Usually I am having to move around piles of pots and flats and I hang the baskets where ever there is room. This year, I have all the tables set up, the rods in the right place for the hanging baskets, and all the pots of dirt stacked in my empty barn, waiting to be moved to the greenhouse as needed.
Today was also specail because it was my first real vegetable planting day. I planted some lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, kohlrabi and swiss chard. It is a little early for planting those, but if we have a great spring, it will be fun to eat fresh veggies the first part of June and if not, the seeds didn't cost much!

No comments:

Post a Comment